Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- New to this sale! Python ballet flats. $325.
- Still hanging around from the last sale.
- Still around from the last sale, also in hot pink.
- Still hanging around from the last sale. Also available in ballet flats.
- New to this sale: orange patent mesh loafers. $150.
- Still around from the last sale.
- Still hanging around from the last sale, but this time only in WHITE.
Let's play "Two Truths and a Lie," as it applies to the Christian Louboutin sale which we just barely left. Actually, we'll make it easy and tell you exactly what's the truth and what's not.
Truth: The sale is still harder to get into than Fort Knox. Your name must be on the list, you are allowed one "plus one," and you may or may not have to provide ID that matches the name on the list. Truth: Prices are not all that low. The best and most classic styles are $325 and up, with the rare smudged, damaged or plain butt-ugly pairs hovering in the $220-$150 range. We overheard a girl contemplating going over her $700 limit because she had already reached it with only two pairs in hand. Lie: Sizes 37-39 are depleted. There are still racks piled with Loubie boxes in these sizes, but almost every single pair is still there for a reason, if you know what we mean.
The sizes enjoying the greatest selection and most variety of lower-priced pairs are 35, 36, 40, 41 and their respective half-sizes. Forty-two is almost wiped out and that's as large as they go; there are no men's shoes at the sale.
If you're lucky enough to have a friend who has a friend who has an open plus-one, be prepared for a line wait that rivals having you teeth pulled in agony. If there's no line, consider yourself blessed.
Now, for the nitty-gritty inside intel: You must check you bag, jacket and cell phone when you enter. That's the reason we couldn't bring you a nice little gallery of photos.
Also, If you've tried to get in and for some reason you weren't on the list and thought you were, or you know a name on the list but it's not you, staff says Friday is the day to try to swing all that. They may be a tad looser on the list, but then again they might not. Aggravating!
· The Louboutin Sale is Rapidly Running Out of Size 38 [Racked NY]
· Sodden Fashion Editors Queue Up for Louboutins [Racked NY]
· Details on the Invite-Only Christian Louboutin Sale, Revealed! [Racked NY]