Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The sandal selection at last spring's Matt Bernson sale
Just like summer, sample sale season isn't quite here yet, but it's giving us a tease this weekend. April's going out in a blaze of glory with 18 sample sales, a number that bumps up to 20 if you count Nancy Gonzalez and Hickey Freeman on Sunday. What's most notable about this run of sales is the incredible diversity. Need a party dress? Try Hunter Dixon. Need cooking utensils? The Brooklyn Kitchen has you covered. Need to buy sophisticated jewelry for your mom, hipster jewelry for your metrosexual brother, and trendy jewelry for your sister? Hit Jill Platner or Slane, Scosha, and Catbird in that order. Need an entire festival of plus-sized clothing in an LGBT center? Oh yes, that's on there. And we didn't even get into the contemporary furniture. Or the shockingly cheap cashmere.
All of the sales listed below will wind up in our Dealfeed Radar with full details on hours and dates, but for now, here's the quick rundown, with sales included under the day they begin.
Wednesday, April 27
· Zero + Maria Cornejo, Repetto: Up to 80% off, 84 Wooster St [dealfeed]
· Vivienne Tam: Up to 70% off, 260 W. 39th St [dealfeed]
· Hunter Dixon: $50 samples, 70 Irving Pl [dealfeed]
· AEFFE: Up to 60% off Moschino, Gaultier, more, 30 W. 56th St [dealfeed]
Thursday, April 28
· Paul Smith: Up to 75% off, 382 W. Broadway [dealfeed]
· Slane: About half off fine jewelry, 48 West 25th St, 11th floor [dealfeed]
· White + Warren: Cashmere at sample prices, 80 W 40th St, sixth floor [dealfeed]
· Scosha: Up to 50% off jewelry for men and women, 64 Grand St [dealfeed]
· Montblanc: Deals on luxury accessories, 455 Madison Ave, fourth floor [dealfeed]
· Freshpair: Two-for-one undies, 611 Broadway, suite 523 [dealfeed]
· Ligne Roset: Up to 50% off modern furniture, 155 Wooster [dealfeed]
Friday, April 29
· Matt Bernson: Shoes start at $40, 450 Greenwich St
· Jill Platner: Up to 50% off handmade jewelry, 113 Crosby St
· Sang A: Up to 75% off exotic bags, 524 Broadway
· The Brooklyn Kitchen: Up to 40% off kitchen tools, 100 Frost St, Williamsburg