Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- TOPMAN Masuka denim shorts in blue ($62.00)
- TOPMAN Neppy Grid Cardigan in tan ($88.00)
- TOPMAN Twilight print shirt in navy ($65.00)
- TOPMAN Mash Shacket in black ($95.00)
- TOPMAN Herringbone Blazer in Grey ($280.00)
- TOPMAN Herringbone Trousers in grey ($120.00)
- TOPMAN Jacquard Polo in Multi ($43.00)
- TOPMAN Geo Texture Cardigan in Tan ($82.00)
Soho seems to be slowly making the leap over the East River one store at a time. First Madewell debuted a collection at Bird in Williamsburg, and now Topman has brought a few pieces over to Alter in Greenpoint. The first delivery has arrived, making the Franklin Street outpost the only other store in New York that carries the brand besides, obviously, the basement level of Topshop. Great news for Brooklyn residents—or those who would rather be anywhere else in the world than tourist-jammed Broadway.
The collection even feels like Brooklyn, but perhaps this is because two of the looks on Alter's blog feature a pair of cut-off denim shorts, first with a slouchy cardigan and then with a blazer (okay, sure). Favorites are a lightweight black shacket (described as having "the weight of a shirt but the look of a jacket") for $95 and a Herringbone gray suit that goes for $400 for the set. Check out the slideshow above for the rest of the collection, and place your bets on which Soho shop will be next to solidify the trend.—Tiffany Yannetta
· New Arrival: Topman [Alter]
· Madewell at Bird [Racked NY]