Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- 60 Mercer Street in Soho.
- Getting things in order over the weekend.
- On Friday the shelves were empty.
- Almost open this past weekend.
- James Perse getting ready to retail.
- Saturday night, working late.
- By Sunday things were looking good.
- By Monday the black will be down.
- 60 Mercer at the corner of Broome.
Amid the chill of spring, a dash of California cool has arrived in Soho by way of James Perse. To get things ready for today's opening of Perse's latest NY shop, workers over the weekend were anything but laid back. All did double time to prepare the shop at 60 Mercer Street. Last Friday the shelving was just starting to go in, with crates stacked out front, nearly blocking the newly-restored wood doors at Mercer and Broome. By sundown Saturday, white shelves lined the walls, pin spots were burning bright, and workers toiled away late into the cold March night. Nobody was slacking off and by late Sunday the store was stocked with all sorts of pricey Perse basics for guys and gals who can't wait 'til the weather warms up.
· James Perse to Take Over Soho's Operations Corner [Racked NY]
· Store Locator [James Perse]