Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Hello Kitty!
- Kitty cuteness on Broadway in Soho.
- Kitty demands attention.
- Kitty love.
- The Kitty caravan out front of Sephora in Soho.
- Self appreciation at Sephora in Soho.
- Can there ever be too much of a good thing?
- The Kitty crew awaiting Her arrival.
- Danged Kitty stockings won't stay up!
- Happily pulled together.
- How Kitty and crew roll.
The Hello Kitty cuteness seen today at Sephora in Soho was so scary that we dared view the madness only from a distance. The full-faced feline, accompanied by a crew of cutesies, stepped out on the sidewalk at 555 Broadway for a photo op in anticipation of the in-store appearance of Hello Kitty designer Yuko Yamaguchi,
who created Kitty back in 1974 and will be on hand at 5pm today to sign all sorts of Kitty creations. The Kitty crew, bedecked in bows and ruffles and guarding the caravan of Hello Kitty cars parked out front, will be giving out lots of Kitty love and freebies. Kitty-wannabees aspiring to an alternative look for St. Patty's Day can get made-up a la Kitty by Sephora specialists. Too cute by far.
· RackedWire: Look Like Hello Kitty at Sephora [Racked]
· Hello Kitty Biography [Hello Kitty Universe]
· Meet Hello Kitty Designer Yuko Yamaguchi [Sephora website]