- A lone Chanel on the 5.5 rack. Bye bye clogs...
- Robert Clergerie for Opening Ceremony pink satin ankle boot on the left, a Givenchy (we think) in the middle and on the right, a Phillip Lim clog
- Some new faces (we think), too. Dries Van Noten on the left and a Lanvin 2009 on the right
- On the right - another Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra style spotted on the racks
- Fast-disappearing Loeffler Randal platform flats
- Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra lace-up cut-out booties and boots. Nice.
- A Manolo that we haven't seen yet
- We haven't seen this Lanvin before
- Marni clogs and Proenza Schouler shooties (middle two) still there.
- Those Lanvin cut-out platforms seem to have multiplied and the Alexander Wang Addison boots (middle) have made an appearance
- A look at the RTW
- Look - a Marc by Marc Jacobs LBD peeking out of the racks
- We found this Vena Cava dress in the smalls
- The "G" designer section
- A last glimpse of the designer racks before we were chased out by a security staffer.
They say that the third time is a charm, so with high hopes, we embarked on yet another Barneys Warehouse Sale mission. This time our task was to investigate the arrival of additional markdowns and the remains of the Los Angeles warehouse sale.
Fantastic news: Women's shoes are all now marked an additional 50% off. While the Nicholas Kirkwood for Rodarte booties are now few and far between (we hope they found a nice home), we did notice a few additions. Plus, half-off of a pair of camo-ponyhair Balenciaga booties equals $174.50 and that sounds like pretty good news to us.
The shoes have definitely taken a hit, though. The shelves are more spacious and certain styles are noticeably missing or sparse (the aforementioned Kirkwoods, Chanel clogs, Lanvin 2010 platform brogues), but there are still some hold-outs—namely the Lanvin cut-out platforms. Not sure if new ones came in from LA or everyone was waiting with restraint for the price to decrease to $274.50 (originally $1300+).
In regards to new additions, we noticed a bunch of Manolo Blahnik harness strap cut-out booties (in black, tan and teal), Dries Van Noten India-inspired sequined platform pumps (in black and caramel), and more Givenchy, including an exposed stitching belted ankle bootie, all discounted to $199.50. We also saw quite a few styles from the Gianvito Rossi x Altuzarra collection, including the cut-out lace-up ankle bootie (now $204.50), the tall boot version (now $294.50), and a dusty pink ankle tie-up platform sandal (now $219.50, originally $1095)
The West Coast reject spotting came full circle as we noticed a few pairs of home-grown Opening Ceremony pieces—notably the Robert Clergerie-designed ballet pink satin lace-up platform ankle boot (now $124.50). The best deal we found as in a couple pairs of Loeffler Randall graphic print platform flats, which were $64.50 each. However, when we turned our backs, they were snatched up like it was nobody's business.
We then headed back downstairs to check out the ready-to-wear and designer apparel, which are finally marked at an additional 25% off. The racks are still pretty packed—it took us about five minutes to extricate a bronze lamé skirted Vena Cava Heddles dress (now $171.75, originally $585), which was ensnared in a tangle of hangers and dress straps.
It was a bit hard to tell what was new and what was hiding on earlier visits, but we got the feeling there was more color in the mix. We noticed a bunch of James Perse red plaid summer dresses (now $51.75) and a few more 3.1 Phillip Lim pieces, including a two-toned drawstring waist dress (now $111.75, originally $375) and a pleated, wrap-front graphic print cocktail frock (now $179.25). Speaking of New York-originated and possibly Los Angeles-rejected pieces, we saw a few Store No. 6 frocks, like a geographic print tucked-waist number (now $81.75, from $273).
The designer section still looked quite plentiful. Yes, the Rodarte sweaters are still there and are getting droopier by the markdown, but we think that the Rick Owens pieces may be slowly depleting. It's worth noting that the Doo.ri section has a few decent deals: A slinky knotted lilac frock is now $276.75, a cobalt blue rough-edge sleevless dress is now $299.25 and a diffusion-line under.ligne jersey LBD is now $81.75 (size L and originally $285).
Also worth noting is the addition of some random wedding dresses, including a Collette Dinnigan ivory and embroidered tulle overlay gown ($1236.75 with the 25% off). Warning though: There are only a few, and they look a bit in need of a cleaning (and possibly tailoring).
Final markdowns come on Friday, so start thinking about your strategy. For shoes, you may want to consider diving in at the 50% off mark for more selection. For apparel...unless you're itching for something specific, it might be worth it to take your chances on Friday.
· All Barneys Warehouse Coverage [Racked]
· Dealfeed: Barneys Warehouse Sale [Racked]
· Barneys New York [Official Site]