Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Topshop "Baroque" body-con dress, $116 at
- Alexander Wang fitted racerback dress with breastplate, $985 at Alexander Wang.
- Wilfred "Barbizon" dress, was $215 (you apparently have to go there to find out the sale price), at Aritzia
- Tibi slit-back shift dress, $396 at Bergdorf Goodman
- Rag and Bone "Leonard" dress, $475 at Scoop
- L'Agence foil-pleated dress, $395 at Barneys Co-Op
- Alice + Olivia "Catalina" beaded dress, $330 at Alice +Olivia
- Zero + Maria Cornejo floral print kou dress, $695 at Bird
- Zara lace dress, $49 at Zara
- Foil print nylon-spandex micro-mesh long sleeve mini dress (whew), $48 at American Apparel. Because really, when else could you wear this?
Forget to buy a New Year's Eve dress? Amazingly, it falls on a Saturday this year, which means there's still plenty of time to head out and pick up a dress, and that there will be plenty of time on Sunday to possibly wake up in it, hungover. During this particularly slow news week, we spent a good amount of our time poking around the Internet for some good NYE frocks that you can run out and buy somewhere in the city, today.
Take a look at our slideshow for some of our favorite picks; since this is the one time of year that it's totally okay to douse yourself in sequins or lamé, we put a few of those in there. As always, a good word of advice is to call ahead of time to see if it's available in your size before you get your heart all set on it, but if you're just in the mood to shop around, then go ahead and get moving.
· All New Year's Eve Posts [Racked NY]