Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The big reveal at 543 Broadway in Soho.
- A sneak pre-opening peek inside Carlo Pazolini.
- The concept by Giorgio Borruso Design as seen in Milan.
- Inside Carlo Pazolini.
- Before the marble restoration on the facade.
- Sculpting the restoration.
- Voila! Finito!
- The full face of 543 Broadway, Pazolini down below.
- Late last night at 543 Broadway, Carlo still under cover.
- Starting the Pazolini peel.
Carlo Pazolini, a make-believe cobbler from Italy via Moscow, has made good on the promise to be open for the holidays. Today at 543 Broadway, the Pazolini peeps peeled off the vinyl at their first New York store in middle of the Soho mall. One eye-catching collection is covered in leopard, all the better for being spotted amidst the crush of downtown crowds. The Pazolini shoetopia is housed in a recently restored stack of classic marble, and the stylish new interior shows off a very slick and colorful layout by Giorgio Borruso Design.
Collections of Carlo Pazzolini shoes and boots, for both men and women, are displayed amidst a setting befitting that quintessential 21st century couple, George and Jane Jetson. Inset lighting tracks and a curvaceous shelving system in green and orange were first seen in the award-winning Pazolini shop at Piazza Cordusio in the middle of Milan.
This is the first of many Carlo Pazolini shops set to open in the US and, with a global brand in mind, the footwear-filled website offers browsing fun for shoe hounds fluent in Russian and other foreign tongues.
· Coming to Soho: Faux Italian Fashion from a Russian Retailer [Racked NY]
· Topic of the Season - Leopard [Carlo Pazolini]
· Shops - Piazza Cordusio Milan [Carlo Pazolini]