Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Snakeskin pumps from Kathryn Amberleigh
- Half-off a custom dress (like the one above) from Lauren Gabrielson
- Michele Quan's ceramic jingle bell necklace from Love Adorned
- A Fjallraven backpack
- A $50 gift certificate and free necklace from Poppy
- A gift box from Erica Tanov
- The best-selling Evo cross-trainer from Terra Plana
- A free meal (potentially including these sundaes) from DBGB
The weekend might feel like eons away, but the store owners of Nolita just gave us all another incentive to make it through the week. They've teamed up for Shop Nolita, an event taking place on Saturday, November 12 and Sunday, November 13 wherein the boutiques and restaurants of the neighborhood offer special promotions and other deals. With & Wessel, for example, is taking 15% off everything in the store, while Alibi's got a buy-one-get-one-free deal. It's like FNO for Nolita only, or like a bar crawl for boutiques. And like every well-planned bar crawl, there's a map: Event organizer (capsule), has put together a guide of all the discounts and festivities that you can pick up at local stores.
Now about those prizes: Buy anything from a participating store, and you'll be entered into a raffle to win one of five gift bags stuffed with goodies sourced from around the neighborhood. (We've pulled together some examples in the slideshow above.) You can enter once for each location, so the more you shop, the better your chances are to win.
· @shopnolita [Twitter]