Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Somehow the cheek implants are even creepier in balloon form.
- The Lady Gaga spider at Columbus Circle
- The street performers amass outside Barneys.
- This was just one of several carnival cars.
- Taking it to the streets
- And a very merry Christmas to you too, sir.
- Hark, the Gaga angels sing.
- It's like if the Warriors had been sponsored by a department store.
- And how was YOUR commute today?
- Also, there was a giant fist.
- "Hey, how did you know about the Barneys holiday workshop?" "Oh, the giant inflatable spider told me."
- Gaga's head being inflated. Warning: Cannot be unseen.
Gaga's Workshop, the over-the-top holiday circus directed by Nicola Formichetti for Barneys New York, opens to the public tonight at 11:59pm. Lady Gaga herself will be on hand for the celebration, but even she might get lost among the many items to gawk at, from newly-unveiled holiday windows to shoe cookies to makeup stored in a massive wig.
This morning, the department store delivered New York City a deranged save-the-date card for the party in the form of face-painted street performers and oversized balloons. If you've ever wanted to see Gaga's green face floating over Columbus Circle, then do peruse the gallery above.
· A Million Things Will Be Happening at Barneys' Gaga Workshop [Racked NY]
· The Many Shoes Of Lady Gaga [Style File]
· Gaga's Workshop Opening [The Window]