Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Channel your inner Tilda and go as the White Witch from Narnia.
- Leggings + ski goggles + puffy jacket = '80s ski bunny. (That's a still from Hot Tub Time Machine, but try real '80s ski movies for inspiration.)
- Got a vintage fur coat and high heels? Congratulations, you're a Russian gangster's girlfriend. Image via belife2007/Shutterstock.
- Another use for a thrift store fur coat: Cruella de Vil. Just add red gloves and some wash-out hair dye. Photo By Everett Collection / Rex Features.
- How to be a sexy Yeti: Buy this costume, ditch the mask and monkey feet, pair with cute shoes.
- Wear a gray poncho and a blond wig, and go as Martha Stewart getting out of prison. Image via Getty.
- Mrs. Claus is one of the rare "sexy" costumes that includes layers. We found this on Amazon. Add tights for extra warmth.
- Are you stunningly gorgeous? Do you have a fur hat? Boom: You're Julie Christie in Dr. Zhivago.
- Queen Frostine from Candyland has recently been demoted to Princess Frostine, but the original is so much better. Bonus: Here's a highly-detailed YouTube tutorial explaining her makeup.
- This is pretty advanced as Halloween costumes go, but if you can acquire an astronaut outfit, you definitely won't be cold. Image via Holbox/Shutterstock.
According to Weather.com's current forecast for tomorrow, there's a 90% chance of precipitation, and by evening it's going to snow. Which poses a problem for anyone planning to go to Halloween parties tomorrow night as a Sexy Ninja Turtle or a Hot Cop. Lucky for you, we've pulled together ten women's Halloween costume ideas that won't give your upper thighs frostbite but should still look cute.
· All Halloween coverage [Racked NY]