Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Is Halloween your favorite holiday? Did you buy the entire stock of tinsel and sequins from your local craft store? We here at Racked NY want to see your awesome DIY Halloween costumes. Here's the deal:
1. Make your costume. By "DIY" we mean "Not purchased at a store."
2. Post a Twitpic (or YFrog, or your platform of choice) of your costume on Twitter.
3. Tweet the picture @rackedny and use the hashtag #rackedoween.
4. Do this before 10am EST on Tuesday, November 1. We know you're going to have a sugar hangover something fierce, but rules are rules.
We will post our favorite submissions here on Racked NY and the winner will get a copy of the gorgeous oversized coffee table book Marilyn Monroe: Metamorphosis. (If you'd prefer a swag bag of beauty products, you can also enter our sister site's contest. Details can be found right this way.)
· All Halloween coverage [Racked NY]