Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Bergdorf's social media manager Cannon Hodge and Best Twitter Personality winner John Jannuzzi pose with their prizes.
- Winners got to take home the coveted Golden Turban award.
- Park & Bond's Tyler Thoreson and Joe Zee
- Best Men's Blog winner Michael Williams of A Continuous Lean along with Josh Peskowitz and Jonathan Evans from Best New E-Commerce Site Park & Bond
- Alison Levy from Shopping Site of the Year Net-a-Porter with Mr PORTERS Michael Krueger
- Roy from Most Williamsburgy winner Alter poses with the lovely ladies of Best Brooklyn Store nominee Dalaga.
- Topshop won for Best Fitting Room Eavesdropping. Seriously, every time we're in there, we wind up next to a room full of six hilarious FIT students all yelling "GURL PLEASE" at each other.
- Later, John Jannuzzi was peer-pressured into wearing his turban.
- Racked Awards starter kit: Bulldog gin, golden turban, drinks list.
- The Fashion Truck was open for business all night.
- All aboard!
- Team Racked from left to right: Associate editor Tiffany Yannetta, Chicago editor Jared Hatch, long-time contributor Cynthia Drescher, New York editor Izzy Grinspan, recently departed National editor Danica Lo, and writers Payton Wang and David Chen.
- Hardworking Racked writer David Chen pitches a story in the middle of the party.
- Lauren Merkin's Jesse Kaplan and Lauren Goldberg with Curbed Network founder Lockhart Steele.
- Styleite's Julia Rubin, right, with a friend
- Corrin Acome was in charge of design for the party. Here's some more of her work.
- Fashion writer Laura Neilson and friend
- Sarah Meyer and Ryan Thomann of Best Brooklyn Store winner Life Curated
- Former Racked intern Rachel Traub and friend
- Fashism's Pamela Castillo accepts the Fashion Start-Up of the Year award wearing a skirt that matches her turban.
- Winners and nominees gather round the wall of prizes.
- Andrew Clancy of Any Old Iron with Cutest Store Sidekick winner Monkey
- Monkey works it like a pro.
- ThreadNY editor Laurel Pinson demonstrates her accessorizing prowess (look at those bird earrings!)
- Dalaga's Mary Mangiliman and Elizabeth Hull
- The DJs in action
- Go Brooklyn! Here's a posse of Williamsburg and Greenpoint store owners
- Former Racked interns Phill Picardi, far left, and Lauren Frankfort, fourth from left. They grow up so fast!
- Claire Mazur and Erica Cerulo of Fashion Start-Up of the Year nominee Of a Kind
- Adele Berne and Michael Kuhle of Menswear Store of the Year winner Epaulet
- More of Epaulet's crew. Aren't they dapper?
- Monkey and friend
- The men behind Video Interlude of the Year winner "NYFW, With Apologies to Lanvin"
- The Curbed Network's Michelle Curb, Cole Boyle, and Sarah Polsky
- Lindsey Green and Lockhart Steele
- William Tigertt, the man behind Freeman's
- Park & Bond's Josh Peskowitz and Jonathan Evans
- Racked Chicago's Jared Hatch
- Epaulet's Dylan Eckman
- DJ Hohme and special guest Steven Rojas
- Author Sloane Crosley with Curbed tech head Eliot Shepard
- Racked photographer Shirin Borthwick and friend
- The winner for Best Chicago Fabric Store came all the way from the midwest!
Last night, many fashion industry insiders and one small dog converged on Skylight West for the first annual Racked Awards. Since it wouldn't be a Racked party without some sort of retail element, mobile boutique The Fashion Truck was parked in the corner, fresh off stops at Union Square and Bryant Park and ready for shoppers. Along the back wall of the loft space, prizes in the form of golden turbans were displayed on turquoise stands. Winners got to take home both the turban and the stands—which is how @Bergdorf wound up on the subway later that night "juggling 3 foam mannequin heads wearing golden turbans."
On the local level, Williamsburg and Greenpoint were well represented. Winners Life Curated and Alter took the L train out to Skylight's W. 36th Street location, and the team from nominee Dalaga showed up in exactly the sort of cute party dresses you'd expect from a store that specializes in, well, cute party dresses. Did the ladies from Fashism crowd-source their looks? We're not sure, but one of them managed to match her sequin skirt to her gold turban perfectly.
While the female guests were plenty stylish, the men might have won the sartorial battle of the sexes. Elle magazine Creative Director Joe Zee, Best TV Personality nominee, looked classic in gray-on-gray, but even he was nearly eclipsed by the red leather jacket on Gilt's Tyler Thoreson. Between Best Men's Blog winner Michael Williams of A Continuous Lean, the gentlemen from Best New E-Commerce Site Park & Bond, and the group from New York Menswear Store of the Year Epaulet, this was a seriously dapper crowd.
The guest who got the most attention, though, wasn't wearing any clothes at all. Cutest Store Sidekick winner Monkey the Boston terrier from the Lower East Side's Any Old Iron not only made an appearance—she stayed the whole night.
Consult Racked National for the full list of winners, or check out the list of New York honorees on Racked NY. There's a full gallery of party photos above, but you can find even more shots on Guest of a Guest.
· The Racked Fashion Truck Is Open for Business in Union Square [Racked NY]
· Presenting the Racked Awards 2011 Winners, City by City [Racked NY]
· Announcing the 2011 Racked Awards Winners for NYC [Racked NY]