Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Oh Cinderella. Where are your pants?
- In case it isn't obvious, this is Sexy Michelangelo, the Ninja Turtle.
- Ricky's calls this one the The Cowardly Lioness, but we beg to differ. It takes courage to go out in public wearing so little clothing, and that courage is probably the liquid kind.
- Just because it isn't body paint doesn't make it tasteful.
- Because thereâ€™s nobody men find more attractive than Manny Pacquiao.
- This is an outfit whose sole purpose is to light up your nether regions. There are 25 of these on the site.
- Men in skirts! Men in skirts!
- Fairy costume, silicone not included
- Ricky's has a whole section called "Indian" in which they've tossed both the nation of Indian and Native Americans. Somehow, this costume, known as
- But this one is!
With one week to go until Halloween, the site for Ricky's costume superstore is loading painfully slowly, which can only mean one thing: We're in for a very skanky show. How skanky? Well, Ricky's felt the need to give "Sexy" its own search category. Only 11 men's costumes fall under that rubric, while a search for women's shows you 259 results. It's one of the more grave and painful inequities of our time, but we'll do what we have to do to deliver the most baffling of Ricky's immodest fare. Above, check out ten of the site's strangest purportedly titillating get-ups.—Kenzie Bryant
· Ricky's NYC [Official Site]
· It Came From Ricky's archives [Racked NY]
· All Halloween Coverage [Racked NY]