Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Image via Halloween or Williamsburg
As the Tumblr's subtitle reads, sometimes it is hard to tell what's a Halloween costume and what's a regular ol' outfit in Williamsburg. The caption to the above photo reads: "Where. Is. The. OAK. Sample sale." Check out the gallery after the jump for some other questionables, and see if you can figure it out.
"What are you supposed to be?"
"Oh, Iâ€™m a Rubikâ€™s cube grandma. You?"
"This isn't a costume. I just sell antique trash."
- "I donâ€™t care if they arenâ€™t prescription. I like how they look."
- "This isn't a panda costume, I just spend all my time repurposing Etsy pillows."
- For Halloween this year, he decided to go as a gay lumberjack with a shoebox for a hat, or as he liked to call it, "Tuesday."
- "Nah, I'm just in a band."
- "The only difference between this and what I normally wear is that today I'm wearing pants."
· Halloween or Williamsburg [Tumblr]