Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The powers that be at Sesame Street claim these two aren't a couple. But we're pretty sure they were winking when they said it.
- According to Smurf lore, Smurfette was created by Gargamel to turn the smurfs against each other, but she was so overwhelmed by smurf good-will and kindness that—excuse us, we got a little carried away. In sum: This is gross, right?
- Ricky's calls this one "Big Bird and Sassy Elmo," blatantly ignoring the fact that the Sesame Street version of Elmo is (a) a dude and (b) sassy in an entirely different way than those stockings insinuate.
- Adam and Eve: A perfect look for people who are shy about being naked but not shy about wearing one-piece flesh-toned bodysuits.
- Ladies, do you ever feel like you're dating a monkey? Men, do you ever feel like your lady is a witch? Here's a handy way to telegraph all your relationship issues to the world.
- Miss Piggy truly is everywhere right now. But would the editor of French Vogue really wear white tights with sandals?
- Desperately clingy but too claustrophobic for a two-person horse costume? Here's your solution.
- Evil Mad Hatter and Sexy Alice in Wonderland exist to make everyone else at the party reeeaaally uncomfortable.
- This outfit might actually be more tasteful than the original Disney version. Well played, Ricky's.
Congratulations! You've managed to find someone who tolerates that thing you do and still likes you! Now it's time for the next step. Moving in together? Goodness no. We mean matching Halloween costumes from Ricky's!
NYC's favorite cosmetics brand once again provides crafting-challenged co-dependents with hilariously matching outfits from its costume superstore. You'll know you're on the right track if the outfits you and your main squeeze are wearing on October 31st make you question whether or not all the TV shows from your childhood have sexy subplots that you never picked up on.—Kenzie Bryant
· All It Came From Ricky's posts [Racked NY]
· Ricky's [Official Site]