Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Joan of Arc: Chainmail headdress, $188. Medieval style tunic, $125.
- 1920s cabaret girl: Customized feather hat, $88.
- English Bobby: Vintage suit imported from the UK, $125. Mini hat, $35.
- On her: Vintage cheerleading skirt, $45. Vintage cheerleading top, $28. On him: Vintage cheerleading sweater, $88.
- Stewardess: Vintage reversible cape, $110.99. Vintage 60's dress, $68. White gloves, $12. Flip wig, $42. Stewardess hat, $48. Vintage shoes, $55.
- Black swan: Black corset, $139. Black tutu, $48.99. Feather belt, $95. Feather vest, $125. Feather headpiece, $19. Black rhinestone metal mask, $125.
- Sherlock Holmes: Coat and hat set, $149.99. Magnifying glass, $9. Monocle, $7.95. Men's vintage suit, $125. Victorian lady of the night: Corset, $148. Floor length skirt, $149.99. Black tulle cape, $119.50. Black metal rhinestone mask, $125. Spiderweb glo
Laura Wills, owner of Noho retro emporium Screaming Mimi's, has been having some Halloween fun in the vintage archives. Above, check out the costumes she's assembled from merchandise in the store, including a fierce Joan of Arc and a sexy-but-not-trashy Folies Bergère showgirl. Even the shop windows get into the holiday spirit. Inspired by London's historic dark side, they feature Jack the Ripper, a Victorian lady of ill repute, and Sherlock Holmes wearing a coat inspired by the current cape trend.
· Screaming Mimi [Official Site]