Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- An unnamed model with F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby
- Lolita at MC2 reading FrÃ©dÃ©ric Beigbeder's Au Secours Pardon.
- Luiza Windberg from Elite reading a novel whose title she translated as The Man Not Love Women. (We're guessing it's Stieg Larsson's Men Who Hate Women, known in the US as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.)
- Studying W Magazine
- A model holds Norwegian writer Jo Nesbo's Flaggermusmannen
- Julian from Martin re-reading his high-school copy of William Golding's Lord of the Flies
- Anastasia from Next reads Empire of the Angels by Bernard Werber
- Two models at Yigal Azrouel read Style.com
- Nimue (agency: Women) reads Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
- Katharina from Supreme reads a German translation of William Faulkner's A Fable
- Model Polina from Ford reads Steven King's Under The Dome
All through Fashion Week, whenever we saw a model with a book backstage at a runway show, we snapped a photo. The results range from Style.com on an iPad to Faulkner, but our favorite might be the male model with a well-worn copy of Lord of the Flies.
· All Spring 2011 Fashion Week coverage [Racked NY]