Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Guess what? Marc Jacobs' business partner Robert Duffy is back to tweeting on the @MarcJacobsInt account, and he'll keep it up until the MJ show during Fashion Week on September 15. But already we've learned that the 15th means more than just the show to Jacobs; it means one step closer to world domination.
Duffy has slipped that two other things will happen on the date:
· Marc Jacobs' first e-commerce site will open, but only for the US
· Bookmarc on Bleecker, which used to be the Biography Book Shop, is scheduled to debut. And, if MJ's legal team work out the kinks, it could also mean the publication of photographer Brian Bowen Smith's book of images of Marc Jacobs staff around the world.
Also in the works is another slew of T-shirts starring naked celebrities also shot by Smith, for the benefit of skin cancer research. If you'd like to follow along for news on this and more, check out @MarcJacobsInt on Twitter.
· Marc Jacobs Ousts Bleecker Street Bookstore to Open...a Bookstore [Racked NY]
· What's Coming at Bookmarc: Marc Jacobs Colored Pencils [Racked NY]
· Preview of Bookmarc's School Supplies [Racked NY]