Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
When you wake up in the morning, do you think about fashion even before reaching for your phone? Do you refer to designers by their first names, as though they're part of your regular group of friends? And one more question: do you want to attend some shows during September's Fashion Week at Lincoln Center?
If you answered a hearty "yes" to all of the above then CBS wants to hear from you for their new "Fashion's Biggest Fan" contest. Winning a trip to NYC (if you don't already live here), the VIP tickets, 5 nights at the Mandarin Oriental and more won't come too easily however. You've got to plead your case via video, uploaded to CBS' Fashion's Night Out site here and make it through a second public voting round before you'll be officially crowned "Fashion's Biggest Fan."
Here's what you have to do:
Style savvy men and women can enter by uploading a 30 to 90 second video of themselves explaining why they love fashion to CBS's website. The top 10 finalists will be announced Tuesday, August 24 on CBS.com, and people can vote for their favorite videos up until August 31 to determine the top 5 finalists.
Come out on top through all of that and you'll win:
· Two round-trip airline tickets to New York City
· A five-night stay for two at the five-star Mandarin Oriental, New York
· Two exclusive seats to Fashion's Night Out: The Show at Lincoln Center on Sept 7, 2010
· Driven in the all new 2011 Volkswagen Jetta for Fashion's Night Out
· Two tickets to a Fashion Week show
· Exclusive Fashion's Night Out merchandise
· Two tickets to Green Day's American Idiot on Broadway
· One year's worth of Maybelline New York cosmetics in a signature makeup artist kit
· A $500 Macy's electronic gift card, plus an appointment with a
Macy's by Appointment (MBA) personal shopper
Good luck! It looks like no one has submitted a video yet since the contest just opened today, but you've got until August 20.
· CBS in Search of Fashion's #1 Fan [Entertainment Tonight]
· "Number One Fan" contest [CBS official site]