Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The Dior Homme A/W 2010 livestream from Milan
Would you just love to see the Rodarte, Marc Jacobs or Calvin Klein runway shows, even though you know there's no chance of getting into these highly-coveted, industry-tight events? Well this year, you're invited and your mom's invited and all your Facebook friends are invited, and...heck, if you have a computer?you're invited to some of the top shows this NYFW via livestreaming video.
Livestreaming the shows is still a relatively new thing for designers, and when Alexander McQueen attempted to livestream his Spring/Summer 2010 collection, the website failed repeatedly because of high viewer volume. On the flip side, when Burberry streamed their Spring/Summer Prorsum womenswear collection last fall, the site racked up hundreds of thousands of viewers for the 20-minute event. How many will Alexander Wang bring in this year? We can't wait to find out...and we hope you don't have any other plans for Valentine's Day weekend!
· Ports 1961: 3pm on Thursday, February 11 on Vogue.com
· Lacoste: 10:30am on Saturday, February 13 on Lacoste's Facebook page.
· Alexander Wang: 5pm on Saturday, February 13 on SHOWStudio
· Marc Jacobs: 8pm on Monday, February 15 on MarcJacobs.com
· Rodarte: 12pm on Tuesday, February 16 on SHOWStudio
· G-Star Raw: 7pm on Tuesday, February 16 on G-star.com
· Unconfirmed! Marc Bouwer: 9am on Thursday, February 18 on marcbouwer.com
**All times listed are EST, and we will update any changes to the events or add any new ones, so check back.