Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The Ricky's Halloween website is such a treasure trove of crazy that we didn't think we could tackle it in just one post. As such, please welcome It Came From Ricky's, a new and highly seasonal feature.
- The hair is what really makes this one.
- This is adorable on a dog to exactly the same degree that it would be terrible on a human being.
- Augh it's a puppy!
- Omg it's a baby bat!
- Baby bird in a hat!!!
- Sock monkey!
- This Wonderwoman costume just really suits her, doesn't it?
- The only problem with this is that you run the risk of your child loving it, and then you're stuck with a kid dressed like a skunk for the next three weeks.
- The lobster is the least cute animal in the sea. And yet...
- "Cute" might not be the right word for this, but it's hilarious in the way that all animals in elaborate outfits are hilarious.
Now that we've explored the sordid side of Ricky's, it's time for a palate cleanser. Initially, we thought we'd do a look at the most ridiculous costumes for pets and babies—you know, Halloween's littlest victims. But we just can't bring ourselves to make fun of either small dogs or small children. Instead, we rounded up ten of our favorites, with extra points for anything that's either cute or hilarious. If that's too treacly for you, feel free to click through to the "Funny" men's costumes on the Ricky's site, but don't say we didn't warn you.
· All It Came From Ricky's posts [Racked NY]
· An Even More Amazing "Sexy" Halloween Costume: The Wood Pecker [Racked NY]
· Ricky's Halloween [Official Site]