Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The Ricky's Halloween website is such a treasure trove of crazy that we didn't think we could tackle it in just one post. As such, please welcome It Came From Ricky's, a new and highly seasonal feature.
- In case you wanted to draw more attention to your crotch area, Ricky's thoughtfully added a glow-in-the-dark skirt to this Slutty Sailor costume. It is unclear whether you carry a battery pack with you or just stand by an outlet all night.
- This is "Naughty Nun" costume. Is she wearing bell-bottoms on her arms?
- Ricky's has an entire women's costume category dedicated to sexy animals. Here is a slutty bumblebee.
- For the record, this is what a non-slutty bumblebee looks like.
- Ricky's is onto something when they associate sex and camp. How many kids do you know whose first kiss was behind the bunk? This isn't just any normal hormonally charged camp counselor, though. She is a counselor at the sluttiest camp of all: "Camp P
- We don't really know what this costume is, other than unflattering. Sorry, Ricky's (and American Apparel while we're at it), but full-body lamÃ© looks horrible on everyone.
- This is not a costume. This is just a bunch of feathers.
- Ricky's has sixteen different French Maid costumes, including the feminist-approved "Maid to Order" and "At Your Service." This one is the Fifth Avenue Maid and therefore the classiest.
- Continuing with the Animal category, here is the Vegas-style "Sexy Macaw." This outfit is actually kind of awesome in its Betsey-Johnson-meets-Animal-Planet attitude.
- The "Ultimate Bachelor" costume is very practical: Show off your freshly waxed chest without getting cold!
- This costume is called "Beer Schlong."
We already scoured the Ricky's site for those seeking the perfectly tasteless couple's costumes, but we don't want to leave out all the single ladies and men. Of course, finding ridiculous "sexy" Halloween costumes is like shooting fish in a barrel. (In fact, there's probably a party store somewhere in this city selling a Sexy Barrel Full of Fish costume.) So we went a step further. Ladies and gentlemen, please enjoy this slideshow of the eleven sluttiest costumes currently sold at Ricky's. After all, once you start getting "Aren't you a little old to be trick-or-treating?" there is only one option left: Ho. It. Up.—Rachel Traub
Ricky's Halloween [Official Site]