Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Lola Star at 435 Broome just east of Broadway.
- Girls on skates will officially greet visitors to Lola on October 23.
- Popping up on Broome Street.
- Brooklynesque goodies for girls of all sorts.
- Fluff indeed.
- Holiday shoppers might find just what they need.
- One of a kind items abound.
- Horrifyingly right for Hallowe'en.
- Lola Star is right inside.
- Lola in lights in Soho.
Lola Star, the queen of Brooklyn beachside style, is popping up in Soho at 435 Broome Street where she's offering the full range of her colorful collection. The official opening is October 23 when girls on skates beckon Broadway shoppers to glide a block east to Lola's pink boutique. But Lola and her gals are already in town, minding the store (burglars beware!) and stocking the shelves with an eclectic mix of wearables and collectibles. After a year of changes around the original Coney Island shop, where the future remains a mystery, Lola is totally prepped for the action amidst the Soho mall-of-madness.
Inside Lola's latest lair pre-holiday shoppers will find all sorts of necessities, from stocking stuffers to essentials (retro sunglasses galore!). Tee shirts of all types can be found, fitted for gals, guys, and every other member of the family. No matter the style you have in mind, Lola has it on hand, all of it somewhat twisted but cute as hell.
· Lola Star [Official Site]
· Lola...The Shiniest Star Above Planet Coney [Kinetic Carnival]
· Looking on the Bright Side [Racked]