Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Make no mistake, one of our favorite rotating pop-up shop spots is the little sliver of GAP store that cuddles up next to their big flagship on Fifth Avenue and 54th Street; there's always a new concept to enable our retail ADD. And they're at it again?reinventing the tiny space to be a Crunch Fitness Lab for helping shoppers keep their New Year resolutions to loose weight or gain muscle.
The shop?with everything from Crunch personal trainers on-hand to prizes up for grabs?just opened today and will keep on keepin' on until February 7. Of course the fitness gurus in house will be outfitted in GAP's newest line of workout gear, but they'll at least hand out discounts for the items in case you're looking for some new bike shorts to wear to spin class or underneath your Alexander Wang shirt.
· Sit down with a Crunch personal trainer or instructor for fitness demonstrations and personalized workout tips and advice (Mondays through Fridays from 12pm-3pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 11am-4pm).
· Score Crunch guest passes or an exclusive Crunch membership offer with purchase.
· Enter to win a free yearlong, all access Crunch membership. One lucky winner will be chosen every day now through February 7.
· Shop Gap’s new sport collections for women and men, including favorites like the Crossover Neck Hoodie ($39.50) for women and the Half-zip Mock Neck Pullover ($24.50) for men.
If you're already a Crunch member who dutifully hits the gym, then keep watch because each of the Manhattan and Brooklyn Crunch gyms are going to raffle off a $500 GAP gift card. Meanwhile, store hours at the Fifth Avenue pop-up will be Monday-Friday 10am-9pm and Sunday 11am-7pm. Hmm kinda remind you of last year's yoga studio?
· GAP's Pure Body Pop-Up and Yoga Studio [Racked]