Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· Macy's cuts 7000 jobs nationwide [Crain's]
· Starbucks closing 300 stores, selling the corporate jet [Consumerist]
· T-Mobile is letting people take out loans on phones [Boing Boing]
· Karl Lagerfeld: Not necessarily the greatest economist [NYM]
· Bruce Springsteen recognizes the all-American beauty of the supermarket [Idolator]