Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Those who like their resale with a side of gravy-drenched French fries are in luck: PPF Consignment is about to open on Ludlow Street next to Poutine. PPF stands for "Past, Present, Future." The store plans to focus on high-end womenswear, and while they don't open until tomorrow, they're already accepting inventory.
In an email to potential sellers, owner Alice Chan explains how the store runs:
1) Make an appointment with us (firstname.lastname@example.org)We keep hearing (and reading in the Wall Street Journal) that consignment shops have their pick of unwanted designer clothes right now, so it shouldn't be hard for them to fill the shop.
2) Bring your goodies into the store (we are taking women's designer clothes and accessories)
3) Tell me how much that is wanted for each item
4) And I will try to sell it for them at that price
5) After 2 mos if it doesn't sell, we will contact them and see if they want to put it on sale
6) If so, I'll mark it down and try to sell it again with new sale price :)
· Storefront Update: PPF Consignment at 168 Ludlow [Bowery Boogie]
· Sell Your Stuff on eBay [Racked]
· PPF Consignment [Official Site]