Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
[Photos via SimplyOlive]
Now, from around the web, all the buzz that's fit to blog on last night's Alexander Wang runway show.
1) The Cut: "As Tropical Storm Hanna's sloppy seconds roared through New York on Saturday afternoon, bedraggled guests poured into Alexander Wang's show and were greeted with two welcome sights: small bottles of white wine and Anna Wintour's shiny, bone-dry bob. Naturally, the Vogue editrix bore no effects of the inclement weather. Either she has the world's best umbrella-wrangler, or even the rain is afraid to bump into her."
2) Fashionologie: "The show was definitely a different experience, now that Alex has moved on from Erin Wasson, collaborating with stylist Alastair McKimm instead, but all of the classic Wang elements — zippers, leather, a slouchy, downtown feel — were all there."
3) Tell All: "Erin Wasson, model-turned-stylist-turned-designer, came out in the pouring rain tonight to support her friend, editor favorite Alexander Wang. Though Wasson did not style the show like last season, she did provide the jewelry (including a very chunky set of studded bangles)."
4) WWD: "Alexander Wang's sweat-inspired runway show Saturday evening was clearly more than just a fashion statement: later that night in a basement space in the far reaches of Chinatown, Erin Wasson and Alice Dellal hosted a perspiration-drenched dance party for the designer that drew a crowd of his beloved ODMs (that's off-duty models) like Behati Prinsloo, Julia Stegner and Noot Sear."
5) Fashionista: "We got locked out of Alexander Wang's show yesterday. There we were, with some very angry sponsors, some very important people from Elle and Interview, some crucial buyers and some friends from Glamour, and about twenty other people, huddling under the 6-inch awning begging, pleading, about-to-be-crying with the hefty security guard who had strict orders not to let anyone, no one, else into the show."
6) BlackBook: "Front and center last night for Foxy Brown's live performance at Alexander Wang's after-party (which is surely vying for best party of the season). Sean Avery, Erin Wasson, and Allice Dellal were all in attendance. Fortunately for the painfully good-looking, extremely young crowd, the Tribeca basement in which the unforgettable concert took place was far from overcrowded, thanks to an uber-tight door."