Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
[Image via Lucky]
Now, from around the web, all the buzz that's fit to blog on this morning's BCBG runway show.
1) Fug Girls: "BCBG is usually a huge draw for the sort of pretty young starlet who has a show on the CW, but the likes of Sophia Bush (usually a staple) and Leighton Meester were nowhere to be seen. Instead, we spied Jamie-Lynn Sigler sitting beside last season's inexplicably omnipresent Leigh Lezark" plus Phillip Bloch, stylist Robert Verdi, and Vivica A Fox.
2) Lucky: "The BCBG show this morning had me second-guessing my usual all-black uniform—there was the most incredible succession of draped dresses in plums, teals, and fuchsias."
3) Fashionista: "Pretty, floaty, mostly muted colors - exactly what you might expect at a BCBG show."
5) a wee bit skint: "the bcbg ss09 runway was feminine, pretty - not overtly showy, slightly muted - and quite progressive in its girly-ness. nothing shocking, but enjoyable nonetheless."
6) Glam: "From flowy (long and short) jumpsuits, to alligator-skin, strappy stilettos and wide belts used for added texture, the theme of the show seemed to be chic comfort. The material flowed, melting down the runway, the retro colors gave a futuristic feel ironic enough and the music chopped along with each step...Comfort was key.
7) TONY: "I don’t think I’ve ever liked every single piece in a collection before, but watching this show made me want to run out and buy every single look (well, except for one). According to Azria, the jumpsuit is here to stay–he sent a gray satin number down the runway as his second look."