Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· Well-connected, naive college students open a gallery for the summer [NY Sun]
· Brooklyn Urban Arts Market survived a wet first weekend [Brooklyn Paper]
· Not your average jewelry auction: 'Hip Hop's Crown Jewels' at Phillips de Pury [FWD]
· Ikea may sell solar panels [Unplggd]
· Poor Americans taking a break from shopping [NY Post]
· 'World's most famous transsexual' Amanda Lepore releases cosmetics line [Styledash]