Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· Hybrids versus used cars: which is more energy-efficient? [Slate]
· New Ketel One promo "very possibly the most annoying ad ever" [Animal]
· Preview of Dean Harris' jewelry collection for Target [Racked LA]
· ...and Botkier's bag collection for the mass retailer [Racked LA]
· Parishioners in DC pray for lower gas prices [Consumerist]
· Steve & Barry's about to file bankruptcy protection [NY Times]
· Are strangulation ads really selling clothes for Duncan Quinn? [Copyranter]