Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
After being forced out of the West Village storefront they called home for six years due to landlord issues, sweet shop Chocolate Bar reopened today in a new hood. According to the announcement that was just sent out, the store, at 127 East 7th Street, is offering a "Meet the Neighbors Special:" for the first month of business, customers receive half-price drip coffee and espresso and a free stencil bar with the purchase of a hot or iced chocolate drink. They're also selling their delicious truffles, chocolate bars and teas along with a "new line of traditional & artisanal egg creams." Thank god someone's finally around to show the Bald Man who's boss.
· Chocolate Bar [Official Site]
· Chocolate Bar re-opens in East Village [TRD]
· Breaking: Chocolate Bar Landing in Evill [Racked]
· Rumormongering: Chocolate Bar Migrating to East Seventh Street? [Racked]
· BREAKING: West Village Losing Chocolate Bar [Racked]