Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Soho: Oh, the sad plight of the Vera Wang boutique that's stagnating on Mercer Street. Either construction on the shop is moving at a glacial pace, or the project's been put on hold, because there's been virtually no movement inside the storefront since it was announced she'd be moving there in January of 2007. Today, the poster that had been covering the window lies collapsed into a pile of paper, revealing a gutted space that they don't seem to have even started work on. Right now, we'd wager this place is still months away from happening. What's up, Vera? Has Kohl's sapped your strength?
· Storecasting: Vera Wang Freshens in Soho [Racked]
· DelayWatch: Waiting for Vera Wang in Soho [Racked]
· Mercer's New Girls Club: Tam and Wang Set Up Shop On The Same Stretch in Soho [Racked]
· Storecasting: A Look At Soho's Wang, Plus More Developments [Racked]
· Storecasting: Vera Wang Swans Into Soho [Racked]