Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's been far, far too long since we've checked in on the progress at the Topshop flagship going in at 478 Broadway in Soho. Since we broke the news of the British fast-fashion retail chain's Soho outpost back in October, construction teams have been hard at work inside the former Yellow Rat Bastard storefront, prepping for a September reveal. Today, security was a little lax at the site, and Racked operatives were actually able to sneak inside the first floor of the 40,000-square-foot, tri-level space to snap a few photos. As would be expected, things are looking a bit unfinished at present—they're going to have to slap some pressed tin on top of that drywall on the ceiling, and those rows of columns are in desperate need of a paint job. Click through our gallery to take in the whole scene.
· Workers Now Toiling Away on Topshop Soho [Racked]
· Yellow Rat Bastard Liquidates for Topshop's Arrival [Racked]
· Breaking: Yellow Rat Bastard Closing, Topshop Coming This Way! [Racked]
· Topshop Planning Not One, But Three Manhattan Stores [Racked]
· Exclusive: Topshop Coming To Soho [Racked]