Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Before you head out on this oh-so-pleasant Saturday morning, why don't you take a moment to peruse the top Racked stories of the past week?
1) Meatpacking District: A few of Scoop's many MePa shops remain shuttered due to damage caused by a burst water pipe. Luckily, there are so many other Scoop boutiques in this city.
2) Bowery: Wine and liquor shop Bowery & Vine settled in to a massive new space right next door to Bowery Whole Foods and its beer store. Booze for everyone!
3) East Village: Starbucks baristas are forced to clean graffiti off of the exterior of their shop. Why? We'll never know.
5) West Village: Bleecker Street newcomer Sunglass Hut celebrated their grand opening the only way they knew how: with Terra Chips and balloons.
6) Soho: Swedish brand Acne also opened a new store, albeit in a much more low-key, cooler-than-thou manner than Sunglass Hut.
7) Noho: The old Tower Records Space lands a new tenant: cheapo chain Steve & Barry's. Great?