Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
A Levi's store rises in Times Square. Photo via TrespassersWill
· 55DSL celebrates its first birthday [Complex]
· Overly pink nail salon Dashing Diva expanding to 7th Ave in the Slope [The Gowanus Lounge]
· Amazon apologizes for lack of Kindles [Engadget]
· Book chain Borders may be facing bankruptcy [NY Post]
· Starbucks loses lawsuit, has to pay workers $105 mil [NY Times]
· Hills star Lauren Conrad wants to be taken seriously as a fashion designer [WSJ]