Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's hard to sort through the hundreds of looks coming down the runway this season. That's why Racked has partnered with the editors at Lucky Magazine, who are here to help pinpoint fall's best new trends; to follow, a peek at what you'll be coveting come August.
1) Mixing ochre and aqua: "After [Chris Benz's] presentation, I'm inspired to start mixing ochre and aqua—it's the most chicly unexpected contrast I've seen in a long time."
2) Undone-looking buns: "I loved the hair at United Bamboo: A perfectly undone, partially braided bun, worn low and loose at the nape of the neck."
3) Leggings: "...they've gotten a little fancier this season: There are bold prints and luxe fabrics like satin and thin knits. I think these are going to take the place of skinny jeans come fall."
4) Fancy sweatshirts: "I was thrilled when Tracy Reese sent [an] amazing dressed-up, modified style down the runway."
· Lucky Hits New York Fashion Week [Lucky Mag]