Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's hard to sort through the hundreds of looks coming down the runway this season. That's why Racked has partnered with the editors at Lucky Magazine, who are here to help pinpoint fall's best new trends; to follow, a peek at what you'll be coveting come August.
Bright tights hit the runway during Erin Fetherston's show. Photo via Coutorture
1) A new way of belting: "According to BCBG we're not going to buckle our belts come fall: We're knotting them."
2) Bright tights: "...it was the colored tights and ethereal head bands that were the real standouts [at Erin Fetherston]."
3) Oversize necklaces: "...what most caught my eye were the beautiful, oversize necklaces draped around the models' necks. This is the first time Tahari has done jewelry, and I bet the sparkly, vintage-inspired pieces will be huge when they hit stores this fall."
4) Combat boots: Seen on the models at Generra. 'Nuff said.
· Lucky Hits New York Fashion Week [Lucky Mag]