Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Lest you think we've abandoned the Barneys Warehouse Sale after just one day, you are very wrong. We swung back to the sale on West 18th Street around 8pm last night to survey the after-work shopping scene, and we can verify that it was still a shitstorm. The shoe aisles were packed, and it was tight quarters in the denim and tops area. Despite the crowds rummaging through boxes and trying on clothes in corners, the lines were moving quickly. A Barneys sale attendant confirmed that the busiest times yesterday were morning and lunchtime (around 1:30-2:30pm); she also told us that Barneys is constantly replenishing. Ultimately, we think it makes the most sense to visit later on in the sale, when the crowds have thinned, the clothes are not strewn all over the floor, and the prices have dropped further.
· Live at Barneys Warehouse Sale: Don't Forget Housewares [Racked]
· Live at Barneys Warehouse Sale: Mastering It [Racked]
· Live at Barneys Warehouse Sale: Men's Basement! [Racked]
· Live at Barneys Warehouse Sale: Smooth Sailing [Racked]
· Live at Barneys Warehouse Sale: Pushing, Grabbing, Shoving [Racked]
· Live at Barneys Warehouse Sale: We're In! [Racked]