Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Last year, a little chain you may have heard of—J.Crew—tested the retail waters of Soho with a pop-up of their new, younger, less-preppy brand Madewell, and we've been obsessing about it ever since. But the whole time, J.Crew has wanted to establish a permanent outpost for the denim and scarf-pushing shop. We're not sure what's taken them so long, but we're happy to report that the Madewell flagship at 486 Broadway at Broome Street will be (barring any last-minute difficulties) opening February 20th. Of course, we had to have a look at the bi-level space before then. Above, a sneak peek.
· Progress Report: The Opening of Madewell's Permanent Store Draws Nigh [Racked]
· RackedWire/Rackage Mashup: Madewell's Pop Up Opens A Day Early! [Racked]
· Madewell's Soho Space Slated For November Reveal [Racked]
· Storecasting: Madewell's Move to Manhattan Confirmed [Racked]
· Madewell To Debut In Late November [Racked]