Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Before the weekend begins, here's a quick rundown of the top ten Racked stories of the past five days.
1) In Midtown: Luxury brand Gucci opened a new flagship, then adopted the I [Heart] NY slogan for their own line of limited-edition merchandise, without clearing the usage with the city. Ooops.
2) In Jack Heights: Jackson Heights finally got a Starbucks to call its own.
3) In Park Slope: Boutique Oak ditched the clothing at their President Street outpost for a ton of shoes.
4) In Midtown: The massive Express store on Lex and 58th is dunzo. Its replacement? A gigantic Victoria's Secret. Joy.
5) In East Williamsburg: With a pink fanny pack and tight jeans, Street Scenes subject Jordan touched a nerve.
6) In the East Village: Under-the-radar vintage shop Centricity bit the dust.
7) In Soho: Actress and animal lover Natalie Portman dropped by Broadway boutique Té Casan to celebrate her new line of vegan heels. And what a party it was.
8) In Chelsea: The Barneys Warehouse Sale happened. It's still going on, fyi. For like another two weeks!
9) In MePa: More Barneys: the department store's about to make it official on West 13th Street in the Meatpacking District. Eeeee!
10) In Soho: It isn't open yet, but here's a peek inside Madewell's New York flagship.