Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· Vultures swarm around plummeting retail stocks [NYP]
· Screw you, $830 Goyard laptop sleeve [Gizmodo]
· Pretty much, this was the worst Christmas ever [HolidaySales Blog]
· More gloom and doom: 73,000 stores might close in the first half of 2009 [Bloomberg]
· Tracey Ross on the closure of her Hollywood boutique: duh, it's the economy [NYP]