Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
We're wrapping up early today and will be off tomorrow. From all of us here at Racked: Happy holidays! May your day be merry and bright, and may all your presents be exactly what you wanted.
· A rendering of the new retail space next to the Bedford Ave mini-mall [Curbed]
· That Ugg crowd in Soho is part of a disturbing national trend [WWD, subscription req'd]
· Courtney Love loves Etsy [MySpace]
· The five worst trends in men's fashion, 2008 [Style List]
· Possibly on next year's list: Bow ties are coming back
· From a retail standpoint, this Christmas sucked [AP]