Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
[Smoker, ice queen ignore each other outside Bergdorf, via Kstramx/Flickr]
· Urban Outfitters sued for ripping off troll dolls [UnBeige]
· Three good last-minute gift ideas, two weird ones (socks?) [Shop Girl]
· Among the Madoff victims: Dress for Success, the interview suit charity [WWD]
· Actually helped by the recession: Craft shops [NYT]
· The best and worst (hi, Pepsi!) rebrandings of the year [Brand New]
· Turkish company that made shoe-thrower's kicks inundated with orders for more [NYP]