Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Oh Crocs Soho: what a sad, sad sight. The retailer has been dragging their feet for months on this store. Despite reports a few weeks back that the construction team for their upcoming location at Spring and Wooster had been approved to demolish two stories and construct a one-story building with a mezzanine, there is still no visible progress. The outside remains covered in street art, while inside sits a lone workdesk and dustballs. A contractor on site said the landmarks committee is still tying up productivity, and the opening will be delayed until September or October... at best. Until then, Crocs-enthusiasts will have to head to the uptown location or better yet, find a wonky new shoe to love.
· Crocs Soho: See You Summer '08?
· Storecasting: Early December Opening a Major "Croc"! [Racked]
· Now Open: What A Croc [Racked]
· Storecasting: See you in a While, Crocodile? [Racked]
· The Sad State Of Soho: Crocs To Open Soon On Spring Street [Racked]