Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
This Payless, located near Bryant Park, was showing video of the Lela Rose and Abaeté runway shows in store yesterday. The designers of both high end labels are currently selling lines of low-priced shoes and accessories in the store.
· Netflix is killing Brooklyn's indie video stores [The Brooklyn Paper]
· The tale of a Hollister employee [Jezebel]
· Toy makers asking the gov to regulate the safety of toys [NY Times]
· Kate Moss' fall collection for Topshop is out [Topshop]
· Price cut puts iPhone in direct competition with Motorola and Palm phones [Reuters]
· Proenza Schouler has financial backing, must 'grow up' [IHT]
· Not surprising: describing a product as "green" doesn't necessarily mean it's eco-friendly [LAT]