Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Let's turn our attention to the sad case of Bleecker Street, shall we? A quick rundown of the recent retail turnover: There's a fourth Marc Jacobs boutique set to open at no. 382 in August and a Steve Madden shop going in no. 355. A James Perse for men recently opened at no. 361. Condomania at no. 351 just bit the dust and salon Robert Kree at no. 375 is closing this Saturday to be replaced by a Tommy Hilfiger store. Head spinning yet? There's also the new Miguelina and Lord Willy's. But that's not all, folks. Here we see the colorful signage that Coach is using to announce its infiltration of no. 372-374, which, as those who read the site regularly may recall, used to be the home of beloved antiques shop Clary & Co. Aren't those stripes just so sunny and cheery?
Since we're on the topic of Bleecker Street, when better to unload this juicy little nugget. Courtesy of a deep-throat source, "Rumor has it that Ralph Lauren's got L'uomo [ed. note: It's a shop at no. 383 that currently sells menswear]. Men's, women's, RRL." We certainly hope that's not true, but to be safe, you'd better get your tailored Italian duds now.
· RackedWire: The Rite Aid-ification Of Eckerd Continues & More [Racked]
· Miguelina Brings the Heat to Bleecker [Racked]
· Now Open: Christopher Street Gets a Willy [Racked]
· Now Open: Clary & Co., Diana Kane, Jeneral Store, Bowery Kitchen East, Union, Louis Feraud [Racked]
· RackedWire: Robert Kree Salon Open Till August 4th & More! [Racked]
· Discontinued: Condomania on Bleecker Closed [Racked]
· Now Open: Babesta, James Perse, Just Birdie, Den, Serge Normant at John Frieda Salon [Racked]
· Storecasting: Steven By Steve Madden to Class-Down Bleecker Street [Racked]