Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Continuing our Storecasting bonanza, let's see what's happening in the Upper East Side retail scene. It's cashmere and diamonds time!
A UES newcomer, spotted by Racked photog Daniel Krieger.
1) Lex between 71st and 72nd: We have the feeling, not just from the juxtaposition present in the above photo, but also from the music on their website (the Mari Wilson song Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps, which you might recognize from the British show Coupling), that Lee Anderson Couture will appeal to old people. The shop will sell pricey dresses, shoes and jackets. [Racked Staff]
2) 76th and Madison: The Carlyle Hotel will soon play host to a high-end spa. At 4,000-square-feet, the retreat will cover two floors of the hotel and will offer massages, facials, hairstyling, makeup-up and manicuring services. It's slated to open sometime this winter. [Racked Staff]
3) 76th and Madison: In the same neck of the woods, a Sigerson Morrison boutique, the company's second in the city, is replacing the Hilde Gerst Gallery at 987 Madison Avenue. [Racked Inbox]
4) 79th and Madison: J. Crew's new high-end line J. Crew Collection is getting its own boutique. The company turned to the most monied of hoods for the 2,500-square-foot store, which is slated to open April 22nd. If it does well, the company may open more Collections in other areas of the country. [WWD, subscription req]
5) Madison between 61st and 62nd: It's not a stretch to imagine that the spawn of Donald Trump would know a lot about diamonds. So is it so surprising to hear that Ivanka is opening her own jewelry shop featuring the glittery gemstones on Madison Ave? Possibly, since she seemed the most respectable of the Trumps and serious about a career in real estate. Nevertheless, the girl's gone and got herself some retail space on Madison. Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry is slated to open sometime this fall. [The Shophound]