Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
How embarrassing for those who waited hours or days in line for an iPhone: after the crowds outside the Soho and Fifth Avenue stores dispersed, you could stroll right in, pick up the gadget, purchase it, then walk out. Photo via Flickr/Petroleumjelliffe
· Customers having problems activating iPhones [Gothamist]
· The iPhone's changed the cell phone industry [NY Times]
· Video of Spike Lee at the Apple store in Soho [PSFK]
· Half a million units sold [Engadget]
· iPhone is like "a beautiful, sexy lady that comes to you in the middle of the night" [NY Post]