Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It shouldn't surprise us that Brooklyn brokers are already capitalizing on the news that a Trader Joe's is opening on Atlantic and Court Streets, but their haste is a bit remarkable, given that the announcement was made a mere week ago and no one knows how long it will take for the store to open. From a piece on the grocery chain in this morning's Post: "'We’ve already been bringing this up to buyers,' says Robert Frye, director of rentals with Brooklyn Heights Real Estate. 'The younger group - the college kids - love the idea because it’s for the money-conscious but you still get quality.'" See, once the store opens you can put the pennies you have left after paying your exorbitant rent towards a few of those super-affordable microwavable Trader Ming's egg rolls or Trader Jose's chicken chili verde burritos. Everybody wins.
· Ready, Set, Joe! [NY Post]
· Trader Joensing: Inside The TJ's Press Conference [Racked]
· Trader Joensing: With A Parade, Brooklyn Welcomes TJ's Store [Racked]
· Racked Liveblog: Trader Joe's Comes to Brooklyn! [Racked]
· Breaking: Press Conference At Brooklyn Trader Joe's Site Tomorrow [Racked]